Friday 15 March 2013

My time in a bottle.......in Neptune's sea.

 

It was time to put some of my later drawings out of my sight.........for ever.
They were a reminder of an uneasy moment in time where life became suspended.
I took my clear glass San Vittorio bottle and filled it with five drawings and a painting.


As I walked along the beach front, I carefully chose a rough and windy section of the sea to float my loaded bottle......armed with a wire stopper instead of a cork.......I waded in as far as I could stand.....and threw the bottle far and furiously.

Pounding waves knocked me around with a loud echoing thud......I went under and took a deep breath.


All the while thinking of Neptune's mighty power........I was being tossed around in his cold waves.


Gone and no more lingering.....the bottle rolled way out further and further...until I couldn't see it anymore.
Lifted by the thrashing swell.....I swam back to shore .....lighter in my mind of the pain and ugly remembrance of the bottles contents.......fare thee well and go a hundred miles away from me .. ...crash and explode and never be seen.



May Neptune's Sirens make a seaweed basket of hope from the little pieces of wreckage that once was a dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment