Sunday 24 June 2012

The World in my skirt....."Stop this perpetual crazy world".....I want to get off.........now!

All day today......I thought about my brother, who passed away at an early age...today would have been his Birthday.
I thought how strange it would be to have him back.....for him to be transported here and now.
What would I say to him....what would he say to me...what would he look like....would he have aged to his 53 years......or remain young and beautiful.


One thing is certain......he wouldn't like it one bit.


After hearing two lots of really disturbing news in two days......about the changing of the iconic  YSL logo and name.........and the famous and legendary Cinecitta Studio's in Rome about to be developed into a major resort for tourists.....Im ready to call up Richard Branson and ask him if I can nominate myself to be a guinea pig for his first flight to Mars...or is it the moon....!...anywhere than planet earth.

With technology....advanced and super seeding itself, by the second.......it appears to place people in the....we dont need you basket.

Dont get me wrong.....Id be the first to say I love facebook and youtube and laptops with little apples carved in the lids......but all this talk of a wonderful global community stuff...mixed with viewing your loved one, a million miles away sitting in their undies talking about whatever....just does not interest me at all.
I have watched my graduating students leave the nest.....with no jobs to go to and little assurances of a career in their chosen fields of study....Its not the way it should be.

The creative world is tough and an  outside place to walk in....and when you do walk around in it for many years it can one day turn its back on you......leaving you to find something that hardly resembles what you left behind.

Artists are working away at their ideas....ideas that sometimes belong in the world we live in and sometimes in the worlds of their imaginations.........we rely on ourselves to make decisions and to figure out the complexities. Life in the every day is changing at such a rapid rate.....there's no time to contemplate or mull over your next move........I use to find that taking myself for a long geographically unknown walk...somewhere......... was my only way to feel at ease with myself and that soon runs out.

Worried about the so called future...leaves you saying to yourself......one day at a time!
My god!... is that the time.
Iv got to get home!
There's a million things to... do!
Must  recharge my mobile before I send those fifty emails and skype my friends in LA...as well as set the remote for that BBC doco and finish my blog for tomorrows devotee's.....ah!...................................
please say yes Richard Branson...x

No comments:

Post a Comment